The Bible Belt
by PamFord Davis

I live in the "Bible Belt" and never gave a great deal of thought to the name until recently. Is it similar to the Mason-Dixon Line? Does it begin where one state ends and another starts? Do outsiders perceive it as a place of faith and commitment or homeland of do-gooders? Welcome to the Bible belt; take your coat off and make yourself at home.

Faith is our common denominator. There may not be a church on every corner as claimed, but one is not far from sight. Worshipers of many denominations are included in our population. People gather in congregations to study and share God's message of salvation through faith in Jesus, and followers witness to his power to change lives. We believe in the Holy God of the Bible.

The Bible belt stretches to include areas far outside any preconceived geographical location. I buckle belts around my waist depending on them to serve a twofold purpose; they hold my clothes securely in place and they adorn my outfits. "Stand therefore, and fasten the belt of truth around your waist, and put on the breastplate of righteousness (Ephesians 6:14 NRS)." I reside in the Bible belt and will daily put on the belt of truth. "Lord, you are my security and I want my life to reflect your grace".

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print