Mocking God and the Consequences
by Robert Driskell

Atheists and skeptics will surely use the recent "Rapture" debacle as fuel for their mocking slams directed toward those of us who believe in God. However, these unbelievers are treading dangerous territory in the grand scheme of things according to God's Word, the Bible. Jesus himself delivered a clear and pointed warning to anyone who leads someone away from God or causes them to stumble.

"Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe to stumble, it would be better for him if, with a heavy millstone hung around his neck, he had been cast into the sea." (Mark 9:42 NASB, cf. Luke 17:2, Matthew 18:6)

Jesus is saying that it would be better for a person to die than for that person to be a hindrance to anyone seeking God. Whether that verse is metaphoric, literal, hyperbolic, or something else, is irrelevant. When God incarnate issues a warning, it makes sense to take heed. He will be the One to judge each and every one of usit is His right.

It is bad enough that atheists personally reject God, but they also seek to convince others to follow a path of Godlessness. After describing mankind's rejection of God, Romans 1:32 tells us that these Godless people not only commit sinful acts against God, "but also give hearty approval to those who practice them" (NASB). Not only are they rebelling against God in order to follow their own desires and plans, but they try to lead others away from Him also.

The Bible has multiple warnings against those who reject His truth:
"because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, who WILL RENDER TO EACH PERSON ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS." (Romans 2:5-6 NASB)
There is coming a judgment day when each of us will stand before God and give an account of our lives. Our clever human wisdom will mean nothing then, only whether or not we have lived our lives for God or not.

"God is not mocked," (Galatians 6:7) the Bible declares. God may give the mocker plenty of time to realize his error and repent of it, He gave the evil Canaanites 430 years to repent, but God will have the last say in all matters. God is the judge, we are not.

Seeking to introduce people to Jesus Christ and to help them become "transformed by the renewing of their mind."

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print