Unwelcome Intruders
by PamFord Davis

The blues are not a color scheme hanging in my closet; they are unwelcome intruders that stalk the rafters of my mind. Discouragement is an early riser and needs no caffeine to carry on through the late night hours. God never said life would be easy, in fact, Jesus warned of trials and persecution.

I should not to sink in despair; life has moments where the light of hope shines dim, but it never burns out. "This I recall to mind, therefore I have hope. Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. 'The Lord is my portion,' says my soul, Therefore I hope in Him (Lamentations 3:21-24 NKJ)!"

It is not my battle. Before discouragement draws up the shade at break of day, the Lord makes deliveries more efficiently than a milkman does on his regular route. He leaves mercy, compassion and faithfulness on my doorstep. I don't need to leave a note with my order the night before. He is my perfect portion! The Son shines bright and discouragement sets in the west!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print