Most High Trust
by Gary J. Borgstede

Scripture

Psalm 56:11 "In God I have put my trust; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"

Observation

In this passage, David wages war against the fear of man by declaring his trust in God Most High. Even though the enemies of David who desired to take his life were many, David knew that his life was completely safe in the hands of Almighty God. Whenever he became afraid, David would advance directly against his fear by crying out to the Lord and placing his trust in Him. In the safest place of the Lord's Most High Trust, David knew that God was for him; therefore, he need not be afraid of anyone who was against him.

Application

At times, when the fear of man unlawfully encroaches upon my life to rob, steal, and kill the destiny that God has planned for me, I will do as David and remember that the name of the Lord is a strong tower I can run to and be safe. With faith and humility, I will place my trust in God and not be afraid of man when doing what God has told me to do in Christ. Even if others place their trust in chariots and in horses, as David wrote in Psalm 20:7, I will remember the name of the Lord our God. For all my days, I will praise the Lord with humble courage for His abundant goodness, His saving grace, and His enduring mercy.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I praise You for You are Jehovah Nissi, the Lord our Banner! May Your Banner rule and reign over my life this day and all my days as I place my total trust in You. May Your favor surround me as with a shield as I take steps of faith to walk in the direction of Your good plan for my life. I love You Jesus! Amen!

Most High Trust Copyright 2010, Gary J. Borgstede. You have permission to reprint the personal devotion, Most High Trust, in its entirety only, and forward to your colleagues and friends, provided the copyright notice remains part of the reprint and transmission. All other rights reserved.

Gary J. Borgstede is the published author of the leadership books titled, The Make It Happen Journey and Kings Come Forth, as well as the faith-based leadership education blog at www.makeithappenmoment.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print