Bounty Absorbency
by PamFord Davis

Bounty paper towels boast of absorbency; it is a persuasive choice of words. If I spill something, (which I am prone to do) I want something to soak up the liquid pronto! Like lava, it flows in a steady stream ready to saturate everything in its path. I hate to disappoint marketing CEO's, but I put more faith in a dishtowel. Absorbency might be their alias.

I cannot easily stop the blood flow; wounds to the head may rank at the top in rapid flow. As a mother, granny, and past child-care worker I can testify to my panic attacks when a child had a gash on the head, cut on the lip or bit their tongue. It seemed the bleeding would never stop! There was little I could do but apply pressure with a clean damp towel, until I had soaked up the blood.

Am I absorbent? Do I soak up God's word? Is my heart and soul saturated with the Living Water? "The book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it, for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success (Joshua 1:8 NAS)." Success in the material world is fleeting. Spiritual success is a never-ending journey. "Lord, pour out Your transforming word; create a clean and absorbent heart in me."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print