Mind Reader
by PamFord Davis

"What do you think I am a mind reader?" We wrongly believe people know what we are thinking and get miffed when they don't respond as we expect. Employers do not give clear instructions to their staff and then complain if work does not reach their lofty standards. We do not automatically perceive others thoughts or plans; communication unlocks the mystery and reduces confusion and conflict.

A child does not have the experience or wisdom to think problems through; parents give guidance and training to build confidence in character building challenges. Learning begins early. A child repeatedly hears, "stay out of the street," and learns through correction it is best to obey. They reach school age and fear the dangers of traffic in the streets between home and school. Parents explain the crossing guard is at the corner and will safely help them to and from kindergarten.

As God's child, I still have a lot to learn. "This plan of mine is not what you would work out, neither are my thoughts the same as yours! For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than yours, and my thoughts than yours (Isaiah 55:8-9 Living Bible)." I have lain on a blanket on the lawn on a summer day catching rays or at night counting stars; I saw the glory of the heavens above and discerned the humble state of myself below. I have not always been so quick to see the vast divide between God's thoughts and my misconception.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print