GIVE THAT GIFT!
by Lili Richey Willard

Have you ever wanted to give someone a compliment for a job well done, or for something special they did for you, or for a kindness you noticed they did? Or maybe simply just because? But then you didn't?

I think we all do that. We see the opportunity to tell someone something good about themselves, to uplift them, to basically just be kind, and show them how much we appreciate them. But for some unknown reason, we don't do the thing. Why?

There can be alot of reaons 'why'. Could be jealousy. Yes, even though we like what they've done, or we realize we just noticed something wonderful, if we are jealous or resentful of a person we withhold that word of praise. Or, it also could be that we are shy about telling the person that they look especially nice today, or that their talent is super, or their service to another, or even to us, is examplary.

I think sometimes it is simply out of laziness. 'Oh, someone else will tell her what a good job she did.' 'Surely his buddies will share praise with him.' But what about that little thing that person you don't know well, or don't particularly like, does that impacts you, either directly or indirectly? Or when you see a person literally touching another person's life? Yet you say nothing.

What about your own children? Can you remember just rushing past an incident where your child did something spectacular, or even just TRIED to? And did you not give praise, encouragment, a pat on the back? We all need that, now and then. It does not have to always come from those closest to us, it is more important that the person giving it is sincere.

I was at a meeting last week and I saw this quote, or rather, the essence of the quote, for I did not have a pen and paper with me to write it down. 'Not giving a deserved praise or compliment to someone is like buying and wrapping a gift and not giving it.'

The littlest form of praise, or a compliment of any kind, can make a huge impact in another person's life. It may be the thing that spurs a person who is faltering on to do great things. It may bring peace to another's mind. It may just give a person who is having some difficulties a moment of 'feel good' pleasure. Just like when you give a smile freely, you should give a compliment when the opportunity presents itself.

God gave us the greatest gift of all...Jesus. Imagine if He had withheld that gift from us, especially since we did not deserve it! Yet He gave it anyway. So if He is a giver, then we should be too. We can make a difference by following His example. For He has given many gifts, and continues to do so today.

Change a person's life today...give the gift of speaking what you think, instead of keeping it to yourself. We all like to hear a praise now and then...so when it's a sincere thought, express it. Make someone's day. Give that gift!

Blessings!





.

I love the LORD! I write the Rosebuds of Faith Devotional Series on my blog,ohiolilisview.blogspot.com/ and Angelwingdevotionals at angelwingdevotionals.wordpress.com/.
You can also find my work on everydaychristian.com. 

Please tune in...and blessings!

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print