Lack of Power
by Steve Countryman

We have allowed the power and blessings of God to be stripped from our homes, from our families, from our country, from our churches and from our lives. In a recent vision I saw a pair of hands. The hands were cupped together carefully and cautiously holding the "things of God", righteousness. The hands represent the church body. The hands that once held it tightly together like holding sand so as not to lose any had loosen and the sand was slipping through the hands. We are losing the "things of God", letting the righteousness of God slip right through our fingers. Through compromise at home, at work, at school and through out all of society, we have let compromise weaken, dilute and strip us of the righteousness of God. The more you "stir in" the things of this world to be "man pleasers" the weaker your belief system becomes. To the point that it no longer looks like it once did and now doesn't resemble any of God's truths that you once held dear. Compromising away all of God's commandments and laws, God's Word and His blessings for us, our families and for our country! Compromising away the power and influence of the church and the individual Christians on our surroundings.

The lack of power can be changed. Getting the church body and the church back to the Bible basics of God and our "first love" is a good starting point. Getting to know God is the key. Getting back on our knees in prayer and repentance. Getting back to God's Word and His ways. Learning the reverent fear of God in loving obedience to His will. Developing a daily "walk", private time for you to communicate and commune with the creator of all things in prayer to Jehovah God. Allowing God to love you as He desires.

Removing all limits and restrictions that we place on God through our foolish knowledge, worldly influences and sinful ways. When we limit God we limit ourselves. When we limit God we limit God's blessings for us and all that God wants to pour into us. When we limit God we limit our own spiritual growth and spiritual awareness of who Jesus Christ is in us and who we are in Jesus Christ. Remove the limits that the world has placed on you. Remove the limits of sinful habits, fornication and addictions. Remove the limits of un-forgiveness, bitterness, anger, envy and hatred. Remove the limits of fear and doubt in God and His Word. Remove the limits that stereotypical Christians have been saddle with for yearsbeing weak willed, double minded, easily influenced, non-threatening, non-offensive, quiet, pushed around, wimpy and "not offering anything better than the world does" Christians. Deliverance that God offers will remove your limits! Christianity no longer carries any good reputation with the world as it once did and that is our fault! We are God's ambassadors here on earth, representatives of His kingdom and God's love to all mankind.

When you are "born again" you received Jesus into your heart. Jesus was planted in you as a mighty seed from heaven. Jesus is your greatest potential who lives in you every day. "I will never leave you nor forsake you." "And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." It is not what we can do on our own that matters but what God can do through us who are obedient to His Word and His voice that counts. "Be all you can be" doesn't come close to what God has placed in you, that is Jesus Christ, who can do so much more greater things through you than what Jesus did while He was here on earth. "I can do ALL things through Jesus Christ who strengthens me". "I am the righteousness of Jesus who lives and dwells within me". Your greatest potential is far greater and bigger than you can imagine and only achievable through Jesus Christ!

We have allowed our country to be ripped from our hands. Like we are holding the U.S. flag in our hands while others are trying to tear it from us. What is not being compromised away is being stolen, tricked, outlawed and deceived away from us. We are losing freedoms faster than ever in an attempt to control and silence us. Looking at history you find that the first fighting men and women in our country's revolutionary war came from the church pews and pulpits not from community group organizers. Often I have heard of Christians who ask where is God's power today? That is like asking where is God's protection for the United States when it's leaders and judges are busy trying to erase the mention of God and reference to God from all government buildings, public schools, history books, public display and the Constitution. Once we are willing to move out of our complacency, out of our bad habits, out of our ruts and out of the pews then we can allow God to perform the miraculous, the extraordinary, the unbelievable and the impossible through us! It is time to stand!!!


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print