Swingin' On the Front Gate
by PamFord Davis

It's the perfect picture, a couple are young and in love and swing on her front gate before parting. Sure, it sounds a little corny in our fast paced world, but I'm a hopeless romantic and was carried away by seeing this acted out in classic movies. It usually squeaked, adding to the smiles; no, I have never had a front gate but if I was in the market for a house it would be curb appeal at its best. A white picket fence with a gated entrance is the ideal spot for a "For Sale" sign. Keep a camera handy; snapshots are suitable for framing.

The Psalmists delighted in time with their God and penned many of the Psalms that we cherish today. They are beautiful when set to music and voiced to the Father in adoration and thanksgiving. Psalm 100 is a favorite chorus and I invite you to swing on God's gate "Enter His gates with thanksgiving, And His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him; bless His name. For the Lord is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting, And His faithfulness to all generations (Psalms 100:4-5 NAS) You will never be irritated by squeaks from God's gate. The Holy Spirit keeps it well oiled!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print