The Prayer List
by

THE FOLLOWING LIST SUGGESTS THINGS TO PRAY FOR OR ABOUT. THERE IS ENOUGH HERE TO KEEP ANYONE BUSY FOR A LONG TIME!

I believe that our first obligation is to pray for ourselves that we may be the kind of people that walk close enough to God that our prayers might be effective and according to His will. 1 John 5:14-15 When we pray for others we need to pray from the innermost depths of our being under the direction of the Holy Spirit and in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Our prayers should be very specific - more than "Lord please bless this person!" Although God knows our needs I think he would like us to express them clearly.

Here then is a list that should keep us busy!

1. All those who are closest to us. Spouses, children, fathers, mothers, grandparents, aunts, uncles, nephews, neices, in-laws and grandchldren.

2. Our neighbors saved and unsaved. Perhaps they have nobody else to pray for them, and their salvation and worldly provision is as equally important as anyone.

3. Our spiritual leaders (not just pastors) who have input into our lives and the lives of our children and grandchildren. What they sow into each life is vitally important.

4. Our children's friends who influence them on a daily basis. We need to pray that our childen will be influencing them more than their friends are influencing them, especially if their friends are unsaved and hold to ungodly practices and ideas.

5. Our U. S. President, the House of Representatives, the Supreme Court and the
Senate. All our national leaders at all levels of government including local officials.

6. The Leaders of all the governments of the world especially where the gospel is suppressed that they would be opened up to the spread of the gospel.

7. The leaders and owners of the News Media, Music Industry, Porn Industry, Entertainment Industry (movies and games), and National business leaders.

8. All public education systems including Grade Schools, High Schools, Colleges
and Universities, Christian and Religious Schools, and all Home Schooling Parents.

9. All religions and cults that reject the Deity of Jesus Christ and the message of the gospel. Some names of highly visible groups would be Humanists, Universalists, Buddhists, Muslims, Roman Catholics, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, and Christian Science Practitioners. Other groups would include all other Eastern Mystical Religions, Satanists, Atheists, Witches and Warlocks, Scientology Followers, Spiritists, Hare Krishnas, and Followers of New Age Philosophy.

10. Anyone else not found on this list that the Lord leads you to pray for.

We can invest a short time or an extended time in prayer and that time would be wasted if we do not pray from our hearts under the direction of the Holy Spirit. I believe we must seek the Spirit of God to intercede through us if we are to pray aright.

31 years walking in the world blind to what our Lord had done for us and now living 37 years after his wonderful transformation of my life I am blessed beyond measure as you can see at my web site at http://kingdom-biz.net  Come visit my site and be challenged and blessed as you seek to honor him!

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print