Yet.......
by Anita Howell

Yet.....

Such a pretty word! Three little letters that can completely discount any negatives faced throughout the day, week, or even years. There was darkness for three days; yet the Israelites had light in the places they lived (Exodus 10:23). The Israelites wondered around in the wilderness for 40 years; yet their clothes never wore out, nor did the sandals on their feet (Deuteronomy 29:5).

My job was eliminated yet God provided a better job. We couldn't afford to take Ryan for hyperbaric oxygen treatments; yet friends raised all the funds we needed to take him in June. Insurance placed limits on Ryan's therapy that reduced his therapy to far less than he needed yet God gave us favor and the additional visits were approved.

Matthew 28:8

So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell His disciples.

Lamentations 3:21-22

Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail.

Habakkuk 3: 18

Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.

On the flip side there is the word wait, which isn't nearly as pretty. Sometimes the impact of yet is preceded by wait.

Psalm 27:14

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait on the Lord.

Psalm 33:20

We wait in hope for the Lord; He is our help and our shield.


No matter how painful, no matter how overwhelming, no matter how scary - your situation can turn around with one beautiful yet.

.we wait in hope for the Lord and His Yet that is to come; He is our help, our shield and our Yet.

Anita has been married to Wes for 23 years and has two children; Emily, 17 and Ryan, 7. Her hope is to encourage others, particularly those with special needs children. Her blog focuses on her faith in Jesus Christ and advocating for those with disabilities. http://anita-whyibelieve.blogspot.com/

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print