The secret of sweet contentment
by chris benjamin

One inescapable truth we all must endure in our lives is hardships and trials. No matter how hard we try to avoid them, they are inevitably going to come. Does that mean we are destined to unfavorable life? On the contrary, our trials in life forge us into the perfect image of God, as He intended us to be. So what does it take to be content in our disposition in life during the valleys? Three things can bring to light the true peace of mind that only the grace of God can give.

Faithful prayer each day will help us connect spiritually with the Lord and bring us back to center with Him. Our days get so busy with work, school, kids, and other commitments that we need to slow down and listen to God speak to us. It is truly a peaceful, calming time when life slows down and priorities realign.

Next is knowing the Word of God and His truth. We must set aside time each day to study and reflect of the Word of God in the Bible. That is where we find the perfect road map for leading a righteous, spirit filled life. Everything we need to deal with life's difficulties can be found in the Holy Scripture. Think of it as a how-to book on life. It will give you the solutions to every problem you face.

Lastly, is putting our faith out to the world and doing good works to lift each other up in times of need. That is when God smiles, because we are helping His children with the love of Jesus Christ shining through us. Unconditional love for others at the sacrifice our time and resources is the one of the greatest feelings of all. To see a smile and the appreciation on the face of our brothers and sisters of the world will make our spirits leap for joy!

These are our tools to take on and defeat the trials of life we face continuously. When we put these tools into action, we will find the sweet spot of life. A quiet, peaceful contentment that only God can provide. So do not fear the tribulations that come our way because we know God has equipped us to conquer them all!

Chris is the author of the inspirational book "Spiritual Basic Training" Learn more at www.spiritualbasictraining.com to complete missions for a Spirit-filled life.
God Bless

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print