The Heiress
by PamFord Davis

My Dad worked two jobs for many years, scrimping and sacrificing to provide for a family of five children. We were not wealthy but always had sufficient food, clothing, and shelter. Following his retirement, pension and social security sometimes evaporated before the calendar pages turned and Mom would have to request small loans at the bank to cover expenses.

Both of my parents have been deceased for many years. They were unable to bequeath vast sums of cash or property to my siblings or me; it truly is the thought that counts and those were beyond calculating. My photo will not make the front page of USA Today as recipient to an inheritance of millions of dollars, real estate holdings, stocks or bonds, yet I am an heiress.

"The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs-heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory (Romans 8:16-17 NIV)." God is the executor of the estate; he has willed his glory to his Son and us his adopted children. We are not paupers; we are joint heirs with the Prince of Peace!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print