Already Compromised by Ken Ham and Greg Hall
by Robert Driskell

Ken Ham (Answers in Genesis) has written a book, along with co-author pastor Greg Hall, which actually turns out to be an impassioned call for Christians to pull their collective heads out of the sand and defend the truth and authority of the Bible. Instead of letting intellectuals bend biblical truth to fit the current theories of science and psychology, Christians must be able to defend the authority of God and His word.

The authors conducted a survey of Christian colleges to determine how the leaders of these colleges view the truthfulness of the Bible. They discovered that, although the college's statements of belief state that they believe in the Bible, much was being taught that either compromised clear biblical teaching or directly challenged it. Very few Christian colleges held firm to the teachings of the Bible.

Authors Ham and Hall believe, as do I, that these colleges should be exposed concerning what they teach. "But these issues of compromise have to be addressed" (p. 138). Parents and potential students could then be more informed as to what is actually believed and taught at these schools.

While the book focuses on compromise in Christian colleges, it's message extends far beyond schools and calls Christians to "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth" (2 Timothy 2:15 NASB). The author's message is that Christians need to get back to studying the Bible in order to know the truth so well that error is obvious. Christians need to know how to defend their beliefs against the onslaught of atheistic propaganda (I Peter 3:15).

This book calls all Christians to "think Christianly". We are not to compare the Word of God to the world, science, philosophy, or any other manmade system to verify its validity. Rather, this means that our worldview should be a Christian worldview, a worldview that compares everything to the Word of God to see how it measures up. All aspects of our life, work, and school, etc. should be evaluated by the light of the Bible.

Knowing what the Bible says is not easy, "Thinking Christianly is hard work" (P. 150), but it must be done if Christianity is to withstand the onslaught of those who would see it destroyed.

This book should be read by every professing Christian. It will motivate some, it will anger others, but it cannot be read and ignored.

For Jesus' sake and the sake of the Gospel, may Christians change our defensive position into an offensive stance and be confident and vocal about the great God we serve.

This book provides much information and many strategies for doing just that.

Seeking to introduce people to Jesus Christ and to help them become "transformed by the renewing of their mind."

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print