Float My Boat
by PamFord Davis

I have yet to enjoy the luxury of a cruise but do have trepidation about seasickness. I have always been susceptible to nausea and the thought of being in the middle of the ocean for an extended duration vomiting does not float my boat! I understand that there is a variety of medications to help prevent or cure the malady; I also have a hunch there are times when cruise ships bop up and down like a cork on a cane pole and passengers feel the ship sway making it difficult to walk on deck.

I can be a land lover and yet become "seesick." Looking at the wrong things is a detriment to my soul. Temptations often come in the form of something we see and find desirable. Ask Eve; she learned the hard way. We can guard our eyes by avoiding forms of media and entertainment that glamorize immorality and learn how to divert our attention when something unexpectedly appears. Job not only suffered and found recovery from illness and restored fortune, he passed along valuable personal experience. "I promised myself never to stare with desire at a young woman (Job 31:1 CEV)." He made it a priority to avert seesickness!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print