From Father to Son (essay)
by Richard L. Provencher

As a grandfather I look back on life and realize, raising three sons and a daughter was not a simple task. And tidbits of wisdom listed here were helpful, although at times, some of these ideas were difficult to implement. I offer them to you hoping they are useful as a foundation and guide for all sons, whose fathers love them.

Re: Mom and Dad---
You will never understand how much we love you until you are a dad.
Trust us and tell us anything or about any child or adult who bothers you.
Respect your parents by listening and obeying and not answering back.

Re: Family---
Love your mom and dad, and be proud of your sisters and brothers.
Encourage everyone in your family. Do your best and listen to us, your parents.
Let us know where you are and when you will return. Eat meals with your family.

Re:Friends---
Choose them carefully since you will copy any of their good or bad habits.
Bring friends home and introduce them to us. We also wish to meet theirs too.
Try not to be jealous of anything friends own that you may not have.

And Remember---
Our children are most important in our earthly lives.
We care about you and pray for you all the time. Please pray for others and us too.
Our hope for your future is a long life, full of laughter, love and success.

Richard L. Provencher

Richard enjoys writing poems; many of which have been published in Print and Online. He and his wife, Esther are also co-authors of stories and a print novel. They are "born again" Christians and very busy in their church, Abundant Life Victory International, in Bible Hill, Nova Scotia.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print