Trust God
by Michael Hume

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not rely on your own insight." Proverbs 3.5

Already there have been so many times when this verse has kept my faith strong. After prayer especially the spiritual battle may not be completely over.

Satan still tries to confuse me and make me believe all kinds of lies through suggestions. That is my insight. It's not what God is saying at all. It is God who will gain the victory as I wait and walk with Him.

So even though I don't feel Gods presence right now for instance, I trust Him absolutely.
I trust God for everything. The salvation of all my loved ones, my immediate family and closest friends because He has put me in their midst to pray for them. I trust God in all matters of work, for enjoyment and fulfilment. I trust God for financial security and provision. I trust God for the safety of family and closest friends and myself.

I trust God to guide and mature our spiritual development, and to enable us to live free from trials. I trust God to heal us miraculously if necessary where healing is needed. No point in lowering my expectations of God who does miracles. I trust God to provide for us miraculously. This is the same God who did miracles in the Bible in many places.

My own insight might be negative and pulling me down a bit right now, but I am not looking at that. I am facing God and expecting Him to lift me up. I am meant to do some things myself like prayer, exercise and thinking positively through the day. But if I can't shake off the burdens, the rest is up to God. He can't fault me for not making efforts!

God can't keep a person in a trial situation too long, in my experience or it might destroy completely. If life is too miserable, then ultimately it might give God a bad name for a while and not just the Christian who is experiencing too many repetitive trials and burdens.

My hope, faith and trust are in God completely. Why has God not answered certain prayers to my complete satisfaction? I can wait on Gods timing and way. I trust God completlely to answer all my prayers in His time and way. That's one thing I like about God, nobody can manipulate Him.

Right now I can't see a lot of promises God gave me being fulfilled to my expectations, but I trust God to do so, again in His time.

Sometimes I wonder where the strong God of power and might is. The One True Living God who made the universe, heaven and hell, also my Friend. In these situations even when God is not giving me as much a victory as He once did, I still trust Him. I trust His purpose and I also expect an exit from prolonged and destructive trials. I trust God to provide insight and rewards, as well as victory for me. That is what He says to me personally through His word and I expect the God of truth to be loyal to me as I am to Him.

If some of this rings true for you, I ask God that He may strengthen you and your loved ones, and provide for you, even if it takes miracles. God Bless.

Michael Hume. The Holy Spirit teaches you everything.  Copyright belongs to author.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print