COD
by PamFord Davis

COD is nearly as outdated as the telephone party line. In our credit-debit card generation, we place orders by phone and Internet shopping sites at the speed of pin. The days of deciding on a purchase, setting aside exact cash amounts needed and waiting for the mail carrier or parcel service are riding off in the sunset.

Cash on Delivery implies the merchant demands cash upon delivery or the delivery person shall immediately put the package back in the delivery truck and return it to their shipping department. If we wanted something badly enough to order it COD, we would be disheartened to see it sent back due to our neglect of having the correct cash on hand.

God did not expect us to make payment before we received His Son. "God showed his love for us when he sent his only son into the world to give us life. Real love isn't our love for God, but his love for us. God sent his Son to be the sacrifice by which our sins are forgiven (1John 4:9-10 CEV)." Jesus said, "It is finished" (John 19:30) and God marked our account paid in full!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print