The Wake-Up Call
by Steve Countryman

What is it going to take? At what point do we Christians say or do something? When will we say enough is enough? Will we have to be arrested for what we believe in before we do something? Christianity is not lived in a bubble but there are those out there that believe what is happening in the world and in this country will not affect them, boy, are they deceived. Things are "changing" at an alarming rate. Laws are being passed that the lawmakers don't bother to read. There is corruption in every level of government. Corruption in the registering of voters and the process. Greed and corruption running unchecked among corporation executives and politicians. Those elected officials from both sides of the aisle who have placed greed, personal agendas, friends and party lines ahead of the United States of America, it's Constitution and what's best for "We The People".

Have we over slept? In the sixties prayer was removed from our public schools and the Christians of the United States did nothing. Evolution is being taught in schools instead of creationism since the sixties and is accepted science for how life began though it is theory and the Christians of the United States did nothing. In the 1973 abortion was ruled legal and babies have been murdered at the rate of 1.3 million per year since then, that is over 49 million murdered babies, and the Christians of the United States did nothing. "Separation of church and state" is used every time someone is "offended" at the posting of the Ten Commandments or a nativity scene on government property. The phrase "separation of church and state" isn't found anywhere in the U.S. Constitution or Declaration of Independence but is quoted as if it were. Allowing the Koran to be taught in public schools but not the Bible violates their own definition of "church and state" but they ignore it and the Christians of the United States did nothing. Diversity and tolerance is taught not only in schools but also by corporate America. Our country is the MOST diverse country in the world being made up of different and many nationalities. But what is being pushed under the guise of diversity and tolerance is the acceptance of alternative and perverse lifestyles. Tolerance is only mentioned in the Bible one time and it refers to God's tolerance of us. No where does it say that we are to be tolerant of sin and those who flaunt it. The world teaches that we all should be tolerant of others but Christian views, the Bible, mentioning Jesus by name and our beliefs are not to be tolerated.

"We the people" who are Christians are being systematically silenced. Our freedoms of free speech, right to assemble, right to bear arms, freedom of religion and the pursuit of happiness are being stripped from us. The socialist extremists have decided for us that it isn't freedom of religion but freedom from religion is what our country is all about. When laws are passed that protects same sex marriage, "alternate life styles", or sinful life styles, and fornication of ALL types and want to throw pastors and Christians in jail for quoting the Bible then it is time to do something. "those who call evil good and good evil" Romans 1:28-32 28Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them. What will you do?

The wake up call is sounding! Bible prophecy is at hand. Some Christians are trying to put Jesus and the prophecies into the future when now is the time that we are so desperate for Him! Where in the Bible does it say that the weak, apathetic, non-offensive, "peace at any price" and "compromise is better than confrontation" believers will inherit the earth? Those who are humble in heart and in spirit, compassionate, kind with love, forgiveness, and gentleness of Father God, with courage and boldness of the Holy Spirit and the righteous indignation of Jesus Christ, that is the meek who will inherit the earth. When Jesus cleared the temple He wasn't some quiet and gentle God but the Lord who was angry at the work of the moneychangers who were allowed to set up shop and corrupt His house of prayer. Yes, Jesus stepped on some toes that day and some people were down right offended. Did fear of offending people stop Jesus from clearing the temple? Did Jesus wait until someone else would come along to take care of the problem? Did Jesus wait to see if one of the authorities would notice the moneychangers and handle it? Did Jesus take a survey to see how many people would like something done about it? Did Jesus sit around and complain about it hoping it would fix itself? Did Jesus ignore them hoping they would go away? Jesus is our earthly example of being a Christian. "If God be for you who can be against you?" With speaking truth in love and with righteous indignation we Christians will take our stand for God who is with us and the righteous will prevail. We will no longer be silent nor will we condone sin in silence! It is time to stand!


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print