Where Are Those Accusers?
by PamFord Davis

"Woman, where are those accusers of yours? Has no one condemned you (John 8:10 NKJ)?" Are you feeling the pangs and torment of guilt? Accusers reported catching the woman in question in the very act; Jesus did not seek sordid details; he sought repentance. "go and sin no more (John 8:11b NKJ)." Jesus did not condemn her nor did He condone her sins; He drew her and her accusers away from darkness to the light. "Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, 'I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life (John 8:12 NKJ)."

Who is my accuser? We read of the unveiling of Christ in the Book of Revelation. We also unveil the accuser, great dragon, serpent, also called the Devil and Satan. (Revelation 12:7-12) "Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, 'Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down (Revelation 12:10 NKJ)."

I am not a fan of wrestling but this portion of scripture reminds me of a heated wrestling match. The winner takes his opponent down to the mat and the referee makes the final call. The Devil is down and out. His days are numbered (Revelation 12:12b) and he is trying to put us in a neck hold while shouting accusations in our ears. Remember the source. "When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it (John 8:44b NKJ) He is the father of lies!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print