In Over My Head! Part1
by Steve Countryman

That is what someone admits when they are in the middle of something that is beyond them. Beyond their knowledge, beyond their capabilities, beyond their understanding or beyond their talents. According to the web this phrase means to be involved in a situation that is too difficult for you to deal with. In over my head means that I need outside help!

What a way to describe what your walk with the Father should be like. God is made strong in your weaknesses in those weak areas of your life. To be the opposite would mean that you know all things and you do not need God. "In over my head" describes your walk. Being in over my head requires that you trust God for your answers. It means you cannot do it by yourself. For what you lack God provides. God is Jehovah jireh, God who provides ALL of your needs. God does His best work in and through you when you are weak. That is because when you need God the most is when you are in over your head and you turn to God. You totally release everything having to do with that situation and you trust God to take care of it for you. Submit ALL things unto God and that will bring peace to your soul. Assurance that God will handle it the absolute best way possible.

Allowing God to be God in you and through you. God requires that you be obedient and willing. God does not require you to be all knowing and wise. When you step out in faith and trust in an area that you have little to no experience in the heavenly supernatural, you let God guide and direct you by the Holy Spirit through it. It is by His grace and the working of His Holy Spirit that brings the end result that God expects. Not what we want but what God wants. Your will Father, not mine. Most problems arise in our walk when we try to reason, think through, figure out or fully understand God's plans and how He will perform them. Strength and power is found in your faith and trust in your heavenly Father in your weak areas. You are not required to figure everything out before you obey God; you are just to obey God.

Likewise when you pray, God will provide the answer to your prayers. You don't give God the answer to your prayers or try to tell God how you want them answered. God has His own way to answer your prayers. Besides if you give God the answers then why are you praying to God in the first place? It is a matter of trust. That is where your walk is. Your walk should be that you are totality in over your head. "I am in so deep that only God can rescue me". "I am in so deep that my only hope is for God to do it for me". "I am in so far over my head that I don't have a clue how to do this and only God can help me". The idea is to walk in God's ability to do all things and to walk in His fullness. There is a difference between digging your self into a hole and being in over your head. Being in a hole is getting into a situation that is so bad that you have tried everything else and now you finally figured out that it is time to let go and let God be God. Being in over your head comes from your willingness to step out but realizing that you have to trust God to do the work. It is a walk without limits!

Here is a prayer for you to say out loud that should help you to keep your walk a walk of trust and faith in the Almighty: Dear Father, give me the wisdom and discernment to know how to wall with you while I'm in over my head. Help Holy Spirit to trust you more so you can use me as you desire to accomplish the work that you want me to do and the grace to do it even if I don't know how. Let my faith be strengthened by your work in and through me in my weakness. I want to be in over my head in love with you. I want to be in over my head and totally saturated with your Holy Spirit. I want to be in over my head in your fullness Lord. I pray that my daily walk with you will always be a walk that I am in over my head in you Father God. Amen Are you ready?!?


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print