In Over My Head Part II
by Steve Countryman

Galatians 3:27-28 27for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. Galatians 4:4-5 4But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, 5to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons. John 3:34 For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit.

Picture your walk with the Father as if you, who are lead by the Spirit, were the shadow of the Father. The "Son" that is shining so brightly is causing the shadow and is low making the shadow long. The shadow barely makes a recognizable figure because it is so long. As the "Son" rises higher in the heavens the shadow grows shorter and more distinguishable. The shadow now more correctly resembles the outline of the Father. Because of your walk you now resemble the Father. But the shadow lacks substance. The "Son" now rises fully overhead and the shadow has totally shrunk. Now you are totally in the "Son" who is totally in the Father who is totally in you! John 17:21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. You now fully resemble and represent the Father and His Kingdom everywhere you go for the trinity that is God is in you always!

We are to keep our eyes fixed on God and not to run ahead of Him. When you run ahead of God you do so in the flesh. Like you have figured out how God wants something done so you go ahead and start out without Him and do it by yourself. WRONG! You can't keep your eyes fixed on God if you run ahead of God.

God has big plans for each of us but there are conditions to His promises. First God wants you to totally submit and commit EVERYTHING to Him. To be totally obedient. To spend time to know Him better by spending time with Him and His Word. There is one problem that we all face that keeps us from living in the supernatural with the Father, it is called the natural or the nasty here and now. This is where we live in the natural. Our bodies are vessels that houses our spirit. The vessel lives only in the natural. For us to take that leap of faith and step into the Heavenly supernatural allowing ourselves to be totally submerged in God the Father we must have faith and trust in a God who can do all things. That God the Father will guide, direct, teach, lead, correct and grow you in Him. All He requires is that you believe in Him and what God can do and He'll do the rest. Being "in over your head" means you totally rely and are totally dependent on God the Father for everything. To live in God's supernatural with Him while you are still on earth means that you must die to self and crucify the flesh daily. You choose God over the flesh. You must remove ALL things that would come between you and God. All sin, self pride, arrogance, un-forgiveness and worldly thinking. To be One with God, His Son Jesus and The Holy Spirit. To allow the fullness of God to be made complete in you daily. Trusting totally in your God. Experiencing God first hand and what God will do. You can't fully experience God as a spectator or a pew sitter. God requires participation!

To be one with the Father you must be born again. You must ask for and have receive the Holy Spirit. This doesn't happen at time of salvation but is received separately afterwards. Being baptized in water and in the Holy Spirit. This allows the Holy Spirit to work freely in you. Once you have grown in the Lord and the Holy Spirit then you are ready to become aware of the oneness with the Father and the fullness of His power and authority that is in you. Ephesians 2:22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit. This is not something to be achieved but is a new heavenly lifestyle to obtain! It is like you live in a one-room cottage with the Holy Spirit and Jesus. You hear a quiet knock at the door. A knock that you must listen and be ready for. There is a bright light shining in from around the door. The Holy Spirit tells you that it is Him. You open the door and invite God in to stay. You bow and say "I don't have much but all that I am and all that I have is yours, please come in and stay." Not to visit but to stay, to inhabit your cottage with you and the Holy Spirit where Jesus also resides. This can only happen if the Holy Spirit is there with you. The Holy Spirit is the welcoming committee who helps to usher in the presence of God the Father. Some experience a visitation from God but that is not what God wants. God wants habitation! God is now part of your daily life. As He enters the light of His presence is so bright that all areas of the cottage are lit up brightly that there are no shadows. No shadows of a doubt! So is your walk with the Father is a walk that is beyond a shadow of a doubt and you are in over your head! Are you ready?!?


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print