The forgiveness trinity
by chris benjamin

Forgiveness is an amazing gift from God that is freely given and received if we only faithfully accept it. Rest in the fact that we have been forgiven, and we can choose to freely forgive others and ourselves of sin. These three complete the trinity of forgiveness that can make our days and nights peaceful and tranquil.



God's forgiveness of our sins

"He himself bore our sins in His body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by His wounds you have been healed." 1 Peter 2:24



Our sins were forgiven by the Jesus' ultimate sacrifice. It was not anything we did to deserve it. Jesus freely accepted to take the sin of the world to the cross by His unconditional love, grace, and mercy. We must set our minds on this truth and live as people unchained from the power of sin. This gift is freely given by God so we must freely give it to others.



Forgive others of their sin

"For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins." Matthew 6:14-15

What does it mean to forgive other's sins? This is really tough for some of us. We can hold onto grudges against someone for a long time. That hurt hardens our hearts so that it affects the way we interact with that person and others in the future. Forgiveness is not forgetting the incident of hurt occurred. When we forgive with the power of God, we let the hurt of sin go into His powerful and capable hands. It is a sweet release that allows us to move on with our walk in life. Jesus will gladly handle all troubles for us if we just ask.


Forgive ourselves

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come. The old has gone, the new is here!" 2 Corinthians 5:17

We cannot and must not hold onto the regret of past sin! Regret is a mistake that we have never tried to fix. We have been fixed and made right through faith in Jesus Christ and the timely repentance of sin. God is faithful to forgive all when we repent honestly and wholeheartedly. Know that you are made new and with the power of His Spirit. The Spirit is perfect strength and power to live a righteous life. Use the Spirit to help move on with your new life.


Go to www.spiritualbasictraining.com to learn more about charities and the book.

God Bless

Chris is the author of the inspirational book "Spiritual Basic Training" Learn more at www.spiritualbasictraining.com to complete missions for a Spirit-filled life.
God Bless

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print