Our Morning Anthem
by Bob Valleau

Elvis Presley soulfully sang this spine-tingling song. Carrie Underwood recorded her spirited version of it as well. Many of us have belted it out in our churches. "How Great Thou Art" ranks second, after "Amazing Grace," as favorite hymn of all time -- and its history is as rich and colorful as its lyrics.

However, the song can barely describe God's majesty. It merely reflects what any of us can do: stand in awe of God's magnificent splendor. God never ceases to amaze us. His creativity transcends our ability to communicate its true value. And this is only what we are able to see, hear, feel, taste and smell in this world. We cannot imagine what He has prepared for us. "No eye has seen, nor ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" (2 Corinthians 2:9, NIV).

"How Great Thou Art" encourages and inspires generation after generation. When we hear or sing the song, our problems pale in comparison to God's power. They become like vapors that appear out of nowhere and vanish just as suddenly. Therefore, this song should be every Christian's morning anthem and creed in times of need.

"How Great Thou Art" reminds us that although God is the Master Designer of everything, He still cares what happens to you and me. As another favorite song, "How Big Is God," says: "He's big enough to rule His mighty universe, yet small enough to live within my heart." In our finite minds, God cannot get much greater than that.

"Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom" (Psalm 145:3, NIV).

Bob Valleau has over 30 years of writing experience for the Christian market. He was once named Christian Writer of the Year (San Antonio, Texas) by the American Christian Writers Association. He is the author of four books. 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print