Fight of the Century
by PamFord Davis

"In this corner we have the heavy weight champion of the world, weighing it at 250 pounds, Spirit!" The crowd roars as Spirit raises gloved hands above his head. "In this corner the challenger weighing in at 225 pounds, Flesh!" Boos and jeering fill the arena as the opponent smugly removes his robe.

We rope off our hearts for the fight of the century. Which one will God declare as winner? "For the flesh desires what is against the Spirit, and the Spirit desires what is against the flesh; these are opposed to each other, so that you don't do what you want. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law (Galatians 5:17-18 HCS)."

Which one are you cheering on to victory? The Spirit has earned His place of honor; the flesh continues to throw his weight around and tries to steal the limelight. "Father, remind me often of the fight I'm in. Give me the stamina and grit to stay within the fight and see the Spirit in total control. In Jesus name. Amen."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print