Older Folks Cry Too
by Richard L. Provencher

From our Seniors' building window, a family in the next building hauls out their kids. One by one they race to the car, and the smallest of three, last to get in. It was the same for my wife and I in the last century. Sounds like a cowboy western, comparing time periods, but it was not that long ago, or is 36 years a long time ago. Now we're enjoying each others company, lots of time to do things like walking, talking and eating. Don't forget sleeping. Bad health worried us for awhile, but prayers and dogged determination got us through. There were a lot of tears. The time our youngest cracked his front tooth, while swinging his skates in an ever increasing arc. Or when our oldest almost lost his foot in a train accident. And the day our daughter moved away after marriage, yet distance causing hearts to grow fonder. Yes, years are like a flight of geese winging their way through our memories. However, tears remain--happy ones, sad ones and life is very worthwhile.

Richard and Esther Provencher
Provencher Paths Blog

Richard enjoys writing poems; many of which have been published in Print and Online. He and his wife, Esther are also co-authors of stories and a print novel. They are "born again" Christians and very busy in their church, Abundant Life Victory International, in Bible Hill, Nova Scotia.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print