Fast Grace
by PamFord Davis

You are in a hurry, seems you are always in a hurry. The gas gauge empty light just came on and you are "broke, busted and disgusted." It is the start of a stressful work-week and you overslept, leaving no time to brew java, guess this will just be a manic Monday. You spy a clear lane to your bank ATM machine, maneuver through four-lane traffic and lower the window beneath the automated teller. You will soon finger "fast cash" and see it slip through your fingers for the family gas-guzzler Suburban.

I wonder how many of us recognize access to "fast grace?" I frequently find myself running on empty as I rush about and try to find instant relief. Four-lane traffic does not get in my way to God, my source of help. I need not roll down a window, merely open my heart for a free re-fill. "Let us therefore draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need (Hebrews 4:16 NAS)." Have you ever experienced the frustration of an ATM that was out of service? I have, and can confidently say God is always reliable when I need Him!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print