Rising Above The Storm
by Marie Grossett

Life throws at us many challenges. When we begin to dwell on the challenges we start to feel depressed, lose focus, and start handling the situation our own way instead of seeking God. Then we get even more depressed as the challenge is still there and not going away as quickly as we would like.

I have often heard how God brings us challenges preparing us for the next level. At the time when were going through them it doesn't feel like it which makes us lose faith and hope.

Doubt starts to creep in we question God more, especially when we don't get a result straight away to our prayers concerning the situation which makes us even more frustrated.

I remember the time when Keeping It Real Magazine was at its early stages I was getting really frustrated that things wasn't moving as quickly as I would have liked. I was stuck in a 9-5 job that I had no passion for and I couldn't just leave, realistically I needed to pay the bills and provide for my family as I was the main bread winner at the time.

But I was desperate for my passion for writing, desperate for my passion for the magazine to be profitable so I can work on it full time. I began feeling frustrated dissatisfied started doing things my own and when the 'doing things my own way' didn't work I began to feel more aggravated until I just had to 'stop.'

I had to recheck myself. Rechecked scripture for without faith it is impossible to please God, we must lean not unto to our understanding but in all our ways acknowledge him and he will direct our paths. But I was not doing what the scripture says so I had to return back to the source, I had to return back to God, and when I just surrendered the situation to him everything fell neatly into place. I was so at peace. It was okay that I wasn't a full time writer and magazine Director as yet but I knew I was going to be. I now started trusting and believing in God that it was going to happen as scripture goes when you pray you must believe you will receive it. It may not happen in the time frame that I wanted it too but it was going to happen.

When we focus on our circumstances we rely so much on ourselves that we forget to rely on God. We forget that our lives revolve around him. If you're faced with a challenging situation surrender it to him because he is the one that will give you a clear mind and a clear focus. Learn to trust God in your circumstances spend time in his presence and just wait for his direction, you will feel so much more at peace.

Let go and let God just rest in the master's hands.

Thank you for reading this article may God bless you.

Marie Grossett aka Vanessa Grossett is a published Author, and has interviewed best selling and award winning Christian Authors.

She is a Literary Agent at The Authors Care Services ltd. www.theauthorscare.co.uk [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print