The Phantom
by PamFord Davis

The phantom lurks in the shadows; I feel his presence long before I identify the source. With each advance in my direction, he seeks control of my mind, masterfully lays a trap of deception, and dogmatically asserts his power. Icy hands encircle my throat and raspy laughter falls upon my ears. He is back again to taunt me; is there no trap door or secret passageway of escape?

Is my overactive imagination playing tricks on me? Am I afraid of my own shadow? Is someone stalking each faltering footstep in efforts to halt my advancement and tactically awaiting my fall? "Therefore I remind you to keep ablaze the gift of God that is in you through the laying on of my hands. For God has not given us a spirit of fearfulness, but one of power, love and sound judgment (2 Timothy 1:6-7 HCS)."

Paul, as mentor and friend both challenged and comforted Timothy with words of reminder. God had called and equipped him to minister and fear was not part of the package. He could be sure if it was slipping in and holding him captive God had no part in the mind-altering attack. Apostle Paul reminded him of his arsenal: power, love and a sound mind. I join Timothy in the ranks, bringing Phantom Fear into the light of God's word and promises!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print