How to access true success and fulfilment in life
by Ndidi Ngwuluka

One day, I was reading John 5 and verses 19 and 20 caught my attention:

So Jesus explained himself at length."I'm telling you this straight. The Son can't independently do a thing, only what he sees the Father doing. What the Father does, the Son does. The Father loves the Son and includes him in everything he is doing. (John 5:19-20; The Message).

I began to realize I cannot boast in anything I may have achieved because it is God the father that has enabled me to accomplish. Furthermore, if Jesus who is equally God could acknowledge this, who am I to think I can do good, achieve success and have a great life all by myself? And if God is the enabler, who am I to look down on myself and think I cannot? If I don't believe I am able, it means I don't believe in the one who has created me and endowed me with great potentials. I don't believe in the one who created me and saw that I am good. All I need to do is emulate Christ who only did what he saw his father do.

As I thought of it, I understood that as I look unto God and see, then it means that whatever I see can be done. As I continue to focus on God, then I begin to live in a realm of possibilities. I shall no longer think that anything I see is impossible to achieve.

Indeed you and I are created to do the impossible! All we need to do is focus on God. Whatever we see in the spiritual realm is possible in the physical realm.

Then I imagined - if all God's children are looking unto him to see what He is doing; will all be seeing the same thing? As I thought of it, the awesomeness of God dawned on me. He is a huge multitasker! He is willing and ready to involve each one of us in all that he is doing. He can attend to all of us and can show us different things at the same time. The difference will be based on each person's make up and level of relationship with him.

For instance, if he is healing someone in my vicinity and gets me involved in it, he may be comforting another and gets another child of his involved in the task of comforting at the same time he is involving me in healing. He may be showing me how he wants to influence the world through me which will be different from what he may show my sister simultaneously.

So when there is a need not met, a gap not bridged or a challenge not surmounted, it means someone may have been distracted from focusing on the great multitasker.

Jesus met the needs of people who came to him (even those that did not request like the man by Pool Bethesda) bridged the gap and surmounted all challenges because he focused on God. He did not take decisions on his own:

I can't do a solitary thing on my own: I listen, then I decide. You can trust my decision because I'm not out to get my own way but only to carry out orders. (John 5:30; The Message)

Jesus, while on earth carried out only the orders of our Father. There was nothing he did on earth that was his own decision. I believe that was why he was extremely successful. He was well known and revered. Of course the religious people were not happy with his success and popularity. Yet, the Pharisees could not kill him before the appointed time; he escaped every trap set for him and he had the right words and solutions for each situation.

His focus was to glorify the one who has called him and in so doing, he was also glorified!

As I pondered, it became clear that real and sustainable success is achievable if I can forget my selfish ambitions; focus on God and do only what I hear from him and see him doing. When my focus and delight is doing the will of the Father, he will include me in everything. As I continually align with his will, I shall discover his desires and my desires will be one and in the end I will achieve true success and be fulfilled.

As I focus on glorifying the Father, I will be glorified. As you focus on glorifying our Father in heaven, you will be glorified.

Chinyelu Ngwuluka is a christian who is 'work in progress.' It is her earnest desire that as she shares her encounters, her readers will be enriched, encouraged and empowered to focus on Christ despite the obstacles, distractions and temptations. 

Visit her blog: http://www.thehavilah.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print