Pride Wells Up
by PamFord Davis

July 4th is a day of celebration, contemplation and dedication. Americans look within, take a backward glance, and ahead in humility, remembrance, and anticipation. Patriots raise flags at homes, in front of office buildings, along highways and at courthouse squares. We stand at attention, pledge our allegiance with hands upon hearts, as pride wells up to spring forth in lyrics of the "Star-Spangled Banner".

Families gather in backyards for cookouts, at the shore for picnic-basket lunches and on street corners to get a close-up view of hometown parades. Veterans squeeze into tight fitted uniforms of yesteryear and take pride in being a part of local ceremonies. Believers gather in churches to give thanks for freedom of worship in a nation founded on principles from God's word.

The 4th of July is a spectacular show of light and sound. See the stars and stripes, soldiers with pressed creases, polished shoes and bright brass buttons. Behold dazzling fireworks and listen to the pop, bang and boom of Johnny's firecracker outdone only by a breathtaking fireworks display at the close of day. Hum along with patriotic tunes and take time to listen to old-timers tales of the good-ole-days. America, Happy Birthday!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print