Listen
by PamFord Davis

Listen, do you hear something? Pay close attention; is it getting louder? Don't give up; try again. Wonderful, by the look on your face I know you are receiving the message. You perceive the presence of the Almighty; yes, you hear that compelling quiet voice.

God was behind strong winds, an earthquake and a fire but He spoke to Elijah in a still small voice. "and after the fire a still small voice. So it was, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle and went out and stood in the entrance of a cave. Suddenly a voice came to him, and said, 'What are you doing here, Elijah (1 Kings 19:12b-13 NKJ)?"

In the midst of my problems, it is hard to be still long enough to hear God's voice. Satan tries to muffle it out with his ravenous roar. "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour (1 Peter 5:8 NKJ)." He believes if he can make enough racket that it will drown out God's voice. He is so full of deception he believes his own lies.

"Father, I want to share quiet times with you; bless me with the stillness and comfort of Your voice. It may be the prelude to a penetrating question, 'What are you doing here?"


Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print