It's Not Good Enough
by Steve Countryman

We serve a powerful and awesome God who is the same yesterday, today and forever. God never changes. If you believe God's Word and you believe those statements then you must understand that what has been accepted by Christians in the past is not good enough. There are powerful daily opportunities available that require strong Christians with strong Christ-like values, attitudes, commitment and dedication to seize them for God's kingdom. As crisis after crisis around the world continues to grow these opportunities will continue to grow in size, frequency and influence potential for Christians to take and make a stand for Christ.

Its not good enough church is not good enough any more. With its rituals, routines, traditions and abuses most churches are going through the motions of religion but not following the teachings of God's Word. When churches compromise themselves out of believing the Bible to accommodate sinful lifestyles and "soften" the Bible's harsh treatment of sins then what is left is a useless and powerless church. Turning away from God and His commands to embrace worldly views and political correctness. It wasn't accepted in Jesus' day and still isn't accepted by Jesus today! The world no longer runs the church for Jesus is taking back His church! Attend a full Bible believing preaching church. All other compromised, diluted and false teaching "churches/religions" will suffer God's judgement. It's time to stop playing church!

It's not good enough to be politically correct. Jesus offended people everywhere He went. Jesus is our example of how to live and act as one of His disciples, followers and one of His children. If you read the Word you will find the followers of Christ were thrown into prison, beaten, tortured and killed for "offending" people with the Word of God that they preached everywhere they went. God's truth offends the ungodly. Where does it say in the Word that as Christians we are to be quiet, weak, helpless and non-offensive? That is how the world wants Christians to behave so that they can feel comfortable living in their sins and deceitfulness while trying to control us. We are to speak the truth in love. I heard a preacher on the radio describe speaking the truth in love. He said that speaking love without truth is hypocritical and speaking truth without love is harsh. Christianity and the Gospel were never meant to be a well-kept secret. It is more important to be a God pleaser than a man pleaser so risk offending people for the sake of the Gospel.

It's not good enough to say that you don't have time. The world today will give you every excuse to NOT make time for God. With busy schedules and the lives we live not finding time for God becomes an easy excuse. Most Christians try to attend church. Some will attend church every time the doors are open. Some will go on most Sundays. Some who call themselves Christians will only attend church on Easter and Christmas. Then there are those who never go to church. The most common reason for not going to church is they don't have the time. If you can't find time for God why would you expect God to find time for you? What kind of Christian walk do you have? It is almost certain that if you don't attend church regularly that you won't read your Bible or pray on any regular basis either. When the world leaders get together for meetings the press is always there to cover all the pomp and circumstance. Most people would consider it an honor to have a world leader request a meeting with them. I guarantee that they would go out of their way to accommodate such a meeting. Now the creator of the universe, God, the creator of all things, requests a meeting with you. Not just a meeting but God wants to spend time with you daily and to be included in your daily life and decisions. Would you consider such a meeting with the Creator important enough to make time for?

It's not good enough means that what was done out of ritual, tradition and routine all by man's wisdom is not good enough for God and not good enough for what God expects from you. Praise, worship, loving the Father Son and Holy Spirit as the One and only God, obedience, submitting, committing, standing, following God's commands, spending time with God, learning and living His Word daily ALL requires faith and trust in God. Allowing the Holy Spirit to show you the way to do it right according to His will and purpose is the key. What was thought of as okay in the past is not good enough for God's kingdom! 1 Corinthians 13:11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Hebrews 6:1-3 1Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God, 2instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. 3And God permitting, we will do so. Are you ready?!?


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print