Showers on the Grass
by PamFord Davis

"I will bless them and the places surrounding the hill. I will send down showers in season; there will be showers of blessing. The trees of the field will yield their fruit and the ground will yield its crops; the people will be secure in the land (Ezekiel 34:26-27a NIV)"

We received showers of blessing yesterday; this morning through my kitchen window, I viewed green grass where brittle brown dead grass had been. I need such evidence of refreshing in my life.

"You drench its furrows and level its ridges; you soften it with showers and bless its crops (Psalm 65:10 NIV)."

God is the Master Gardener. He knows precisely when a good soak is needed and sends drenching rains to soften the soil, uses his hoe of correction and waits for me to yield to his perfect will enabling me to yield the fruit of the Spirit.

"He will be like rain falling on a mown field, like showers watering the earth (Psalm 72:6 NIV)."

Christ falls upon hardened hearts, as Living water he restores and replenishes. Rainbows follow rain; the Lord sends sustaining showers to my mind, body and Spirit.

"The remnant of Jacob will be in the midst of many peoples like dew from the Lord, like showers on the grass, which do not wait for man or linger for mankind (Micah 5:7 NIV)."

A parched people are looking to the church for help in alleviating drought in their thirsting hearts. Will we be sparking drops of morning dew on the grass?

"He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers (Psalm 1:3 NIV)."

Showers fill streams; I receive the filling and fruit of the Holy Spirit. I can be a blessing!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print