Through Me
by Steve Countryman

"I praise you Father for all of the wonderful things that you do and what you choose to do through me today!" It is not all about me and what I can do but what God can do through me. Getting your eyes off of yourself and your selfish desires and wants and focussing on what God wants to do through you that impacts people and life around you. It starts as a daily attitude that you wrap your mind around every morning. How does your day start? Do spend some time with God in the morning to help start your day off right? Just as you would prepare for an important interview or presentation you should prepare yourself to meet the day head on as one who "is more than a conquer". Putting on the mindset of Christ every morning is how you adjust your attitude.

Lately I have been fighting thoughts that are negative and deceptive lies. They are "old" lies that make their rounds through most Christians' thinking. It is an easy trap to fall into. The problem is when you receive and accept those lies as truth. I'm talking about the lies about God and what He is able and capable of doing. Some Christians believe that God can do ALL things just not through them because; they are not worthy, they don't feel like they are ready yet, that they are not "spiritual" enough or that they are just not good enough. Then there is the lie about God's ability to perform miracles, signs and wonders as being part of the Bible that just isn't for our time or it ended with the prophets.

All of that type of "reasoning" or bad thinking is meant to keep you from the destiny that God has for you. It will keep you from being the powerful and influential Christian that you are meant to be. It will keep you or delay you from receiving all of the blessings that God has for you. And most importantly it will keep you from doing God's will in your life. God is fully capable of doing whatever He wants when He wants and as He sees fit for God is a sovereign God. God doesn't need mankind to manifest His power on earth. God has chosen to use mankind to work through to restore a right relationship with Him. Think about it, if you remove ALL of the wondrous and awesome things that God has chosen to do through us then church becomes just another social club for weekly gatherings. Church would have no earthly redeeming Kingdom impacting influence.

Jesus has been deposited in you as a powerful seed from God. Jesus in you the hope of glory. As you water the seed by your faith and trust, you allow Jesus to grow and grow in you. You must remove those things in you, weeds, that were tied to you as selfish and self-centered things to allow more room for Jesus to grow in you. The more room for Jesus the more things that Jesus can do through you. It is not what you can do on your own but all of the impossible, miraculous, spectacular, extreme, outrageous, fantastic, astounding, breathtaking, wonderful and powerful things that Jesus can do through you!

DO NOT accept or receive the lies and deceptions as truth about God not wanting to or unable to work His mighty power through you. DO NOT accept or receive your negative thoughts, someone's negative words that they try to speak over or to you for they are meant to trap and hinder you. God's truth is never subject to change. Put on the mindset of Christ thinking righteously every day. Remove anything that exalts itself above God. Prioritize your life to reflect God as the single most important thing in your life and watch how God will bless everything else that you place beneath Him. Watch how God blesses everything that you put your hand to. Quit exalting your problems by always talking about them and instead start praising and thanking God for delivering you from your problems. Ask the Holy Spirit to help you to rid yourself of all sinful things in your life along with bad habits and addictions. Start seeing yourself as God sees you. You are His child who carries the full power and authority of God everywhere you go. You are more than a survivor, more than an over comer and more than a conquer.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Isaiah 46:11 What I have said, that I will bring about; what I have planned, that I will do. By removing the lies, deception and sin in your life you allow Jesus to grow and work through you in mighty and powerful ways that will totally blow you away. It is time to stand!


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print