African American Home Decor
by Miriam Kinai

To create the perfect African American home decor, you have to choose home decor accents in the right colors and patterns.

Colors
Colors that are perfect for an African American themed home interior decoration include striking black and white, warm colors such as yellows and brown and their various hues, bold colors such as orange and red as well as muted blues and purples.

You can incorporate these colors into your home by buying affordable home decor accents such as prints of landscapes or people, mugs, cups, saucers and matching coasters, candles and candle holders, pillows and cushions, figurines, switch plate covers, wall clocks and lampshades.

These home decor accents can have various images such as of families, churches homes and praying hands in these colors.


Patterns
Patterns that are perfect for an African American themed modern home interior include Kente cloth patterns, Mud cloth patterns as well as animal prints such as zebra prints, cheetah prints, leopard prints and giraffe prints.

Printed sayings such as Bible verses such as "I can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13) and with God all things are possible are other perfect patterns for African American home decor accents.

These can be incorporated into your home interior decoration by buying mouse pads and magnets, curtains and drapes for windows, wall hangings, cushion covers and decorative throws with these patterns.

Experiment
To set your home decor ball rolling, you can choose a room in your home to begin. The bathroom is a perfect room since it is private and thus gives you the luxury to edit your mistakes. For starters you can begin by buying lotion pumps, soap dishes, toothbrush holders, tissue boxes and waste baskets all in zebra print.

Combine this with a bold red bathmat and shower curtains. Buy a few live plants for your bathroom or if you do not have green thumbs, purchase faux green plants such as ferns and mini palm trees to add and exotic feel to your bathroom. Finish off by buying African black soap to display in beautiful wooden bowls.

Excerpt from the book African American home interior decor by Miriam Kinai. This book teaches you the 5 key things you need to consider when choosing home decor accents for an African American themed home. It also gives you perfect examples of how you can inject authentic Afrocentric style into the rooms of your home and teaches you how to make your African American home dcor five-dimensional.

Dr Miriam Kinai loves interior decorating and has written many books such as African American Home Decor, Asian Home Decor and Christian Home Decor which are available at her blog http://www.modernhomedecorthemes.com/ and from http://www.amazon.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print