Ready to Wear
by PamFord Davis

"May I help you?" The customer politely responded, "Yes, I'm looking for a robe." J.C. Penney Shopping Town employed me during the busy Christmas shopping season. I worked on the second floor in "Ready to Wear", away from the elbow-to-elbow crowds below of frantic shoppers. Those who ascended the steps leisurely looked through racks of fashions and shelved accessories, often leaving with presents ready to place under the tree after a stop at our gift-wrapping department.

It's nice when we can slip into a garment from a rack and find a perfect fit. Not everyone has the luxury of a seamstress to make alterations at our beckoned call. Ready to wear implies the ease of finding appropriate items that are comfortable and sized for easy selection. I like the ease of a walk-in-closet too; I can enter, choose a favorite outfit I had laundered and pressed in anticipation of it being ready to wear.


God invites you to view His selection. "As God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience. Bear with one another and, if anyone has a complaint against another, forgive each other; just as the Lord has forgiven you, so you must also forgive. Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony (Colossians 3:12-14 NRS)." I'm ready to wear His designer labels!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print