Weather Savvy
by PamFord Davis

How did we exist before the "Weather Channel" and access to instant weather forecasts on our computer or smart phones? As a young girl in the Syracuse suburbs, I trusted the forecast of the man who wore the star, the "bright red Texaco star" Ron Curtis, a television weatherman wore the crisp white uniform of a Texaco service station attendant as he pointed out temperatures and weather systems upon a weather map.

I also heard frequent forecasts on my favorite radio stations WNDR and WOLF. It may be a real strain on your memory banks but there actually was a time when disc jockeys gave the time, temperature and weather, introduced songs and artists. Automation systems and satellite broadcasting offers consistency and saves on payroll but comes up short on localized personality and information. That's another story for another time; the subject at hand is our dependence on weather forecasting.

Meteorologists are usually highly accurate and provide a valuable service to people in all walks of life. Mother knows how to dress youngsters for school; farmers are knowledgeable about weather in planting, growing and harvesting seasons and outdoor sports enthusiasts know if they have clear sailing or will be housebound. We become weather savvy; do we know what the meteorological signs really foretell?

Jesus needed no weather authority to keep Him abreast of current conditions. "He told them: If the sky is red in the evening, you say the weather will be good. But if the sky is red and gloomy in the morning, you say it is going to rain. You can tell what the weather will be like by looking at the sky. But you don't understand what is happening to you now (Matthew 16:2-3 CEV)." I trust the Man who names the stars!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print