Well Balanced Meal
by PamFord Davis

What makes certain foods appealing to you? A wise chef makes food served appealing to the customer; bright contrasting colors of red, orange and green are pleasing to the eye and offer high vitamin intake. Sizes of servings speak to our hearty appetites. We likely enjoy foods displayed on fine china more than that spooned onto paper plates.

I remember on one occasion, as a young girl having company and the children were playing outside in the back yard. The little boy who was visiting got down on the grass and ate some of the food from our cat's dish. I am not sure what appealed to him but it amused everyone else. Jesus once placed priority of God's work over His physical demands for food.

His disciples brought food and told him to eat. Jesus said, "I have food to eat that you do not know about (John 4:32b NAS)." They were confused and wondered if someone else had provided food for Him; He explained to the learners about His food selection. "Jesus said to them, 'My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to accomplish His work (John 4:34 NAS)."The Lord shared the food of God's word and living water with a Samaritan woman. She left with faith in Him and shared her good news; He fulfilled His mission of seeking and saving the lost. He had enjoyed a well-balanced meal!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print