Can you take the heat?
by Marie Grossett

Recently a friend of mine decided to quit her mobile hairdressing business. She had been running this business for almost a year.

"Why do you want to quit?" I asked her, "It seems like things are going really well."

"That's just it." She said, "Things aren't going well I've only had ten clients so far. I'm doing my marketing, making sure I treat my customer's well, I'm doing all the things that I should do yet no results. Because I have no results I'm stuck in my boring part time job. There is just no point in it any more things are just too hard."

I responded, "You have results ten clients are better than none and if those people like your services they are bound to tell others." I continued to say, "I once read that people quit just at the moment when they are about to achieve success because they lack self belief. Success is a process that doesn't happen overnight there is no such thing. It can take years may two or three before it happens but if you keep going you will eventually make it."

At the time I was hoping I made sense to her but the reality was she still lacked self belief and quit her business she sold it to someone else. When I saw her last I asked her how she was doing she stated that she's looking for another job. She now regrets quitting her business as the new owner is making triple money and she even has a premise.

Plus as soon as she handed over the business she had clients ringing, her phone was nonstop. Being the truthful person she was she had to tell them there was someone taking over the business now that person has what would have been her clients. Just when she was about to receive her breakthrough she gave up at the last hurdle. Now she is back to square one but that doesn't have to be a bad thing it's a lesson she has learnt.

So can you take the heat? Are you willing to push through the challenges? Are you willing to go through the headaches to reach to your destination? The road to success can be full of disappointments and heartaches. But in each of these experiences you are sure to have a testimony at the end. Telling others it is through these times you were at your strongest you never gave up.

I looked back at the times when I started Keeping It Real Magazine and I had no subscribers it was such a frustrating time for me. I was so tempted to quit but if I done that I would not have experienced success. This is why I am able to write encouraging and motivational articles.

Even people in the Bible went through tough times before they reached their destiny. David was anointed as King by Samuel yet before he ruled he was living the in wilderness running away from Saul, hardly a palace for a King. But eventually he ruled and lived in splendour.

Joseph was first sold by his brothers and taken into Egypt. He was put in prison accused of a crime he never committed by Potiphar's wife before he became Governor over all of Egypt.

The road to success is not easy but it is obtainable if you truly believe in your business and your product. If you imagine yourself already successful your journey will be much easier. Your goals will be achievable and your passion for your dreams will strive.

There is a saying that goes when you are on the right road then you are much closer to success than you think. Don't just think about the money you need to think about why you do what you do what you enjoy most about it.

As I mentioned in my previous articles don't allow the economic climate to stand in your way there are still people out there making money and there are people out there that will buy your product. Just pray for that divine connection and favour concerning your business. Believe in yourself and work with God in your business remember he cares for you, you do not have to do this alone. He has a divine purpose and plan for your life. You will be successful just hang on in there and don't quit.

Thank you for reading this article God Bless.

Marie Grossett aka Vanessa Grossett is a published Author, and has interviewed best selling and award winning Christian Authors.

She is a Literary Agent at The Authors Care Services ltd. www.theauthorscare.co.uk [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print