I Want You Lord!
by Steve Countryman

Blessed is the Lord for His mercy endures forever. Thank you Lord for your tremendous love. I praise you for your abounding grace. I worship you for how Holy you are. You and you alone are worthy of all praise and worship. I am nothing by myself for I can do nothing by myself. I'm unworthy, unrighteous, unholy and undeserving unto myself. But you Lord bless me so by making me worthy, by making me deserving, by making me holy and by making me righteous because you live within me. You awesome God who chose me before time began and who watches over me night and day. You Father who have blessed me with blessings, favor and with prosperity of all kinds. You are so worthy, so worthy, so worthy! For you know my faults, failures and flaws but don't turn your back on me. You Lord who I have disappointed over and over again but yet you stay with me. You Father who have seen my lack of trust, my lack of faith, my sinful stupidity and my disobedience and yet you are so faithful to me and to your Word. When I gave you every reason to abandon me, you just loved me more. I have so much to learn and you are so lovingly patient with me.

Everyone has needs, it doesn't matter if you are Christian or not. As Christians we need Jesus everyday. We are desperate for Him, His promises and His provisions. If you think you are not desperate, just imagine if you can what one day without Christ would be like. It is a sobering thought. I find no fault or flaw in any Christian who is desperate for God. On the contrary, it proves that their heart is in the right place for a prideful person wouldn't even admit that they need help. It is when you think that you are okay on your own that the trouble really begins.

What I have realized is that though I need Jesus everyday I haven't always wanted Him everyday. Everyone wants to be needed and if you love someone you want them to love you back by wanting you. You have to understand that love is found in want. Yes in the natural love is replaced with lust in want. But true want is in the loving that you do when you love someone. You want to please them. You want them to be happy. You go out of your way to find ways to make them happy. You find ways to spend more and more time with that person. You will find excuses to cross their path as if it were by chance. As someone who has just fallen in love your thoughts are consumed with that person who is now the object of your affection. You can't help yourself. Sharing is part of the want that consumes you. It is the want that drives you as you love that special someone. Sadly it is the want that is missing in most Christian's relationship with their God. God wants you everyday and He wants you to want Him everyday! God knows the real you and still loves you anyway.

Matthew 22:36-38 36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38This is the first and greatest commandment. This is the Biblical definition of loving and wanting God. True intimacy is found in want. It is the intimate relationship that God the Father wants with you. As you experience His love you find yourself falling in love with Him. As the Holy Spirit reveals Jesus and His love for you everyday, you continue to fall deeper in love with Him. Spend the time everyday to learn about God. Spend time in intimate, personal, quiet one on one time with Him. Spend time in God's Word everyday to renew your mind and your love for Him. This is a deeper level of intimacy that God wants to have with you so you will want Him. His commandment is not a request!

God is looking for Christians who will commit and dedicate themselves to Him. It isn't much to ask since He has already committed and dedicated Himself to you! Just look at the price His Son paid for your sins. Remember that God chose you before time began. So I challenge you to pray everyday that God will give you the want that you need to improve your intimate relationship with the Father. Then you can openly and honestly tell God that you need and truly want every part of Him in your daily life! "Submit and commit everything to God." Are you ready?!?


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print