Waiting In Fear
by Steve Countryman

I cannot remember anytime in recent history and certainly not in my lifetime when there was so much uncertainty about the future of our country, our freedoms and our lives. I feel like a "deer in the headlights" in amazement at the rapidly deteriorating morals of our government leaders as they try to take the whole country with them! A country that can rationalize sin and immoral acts and make them lawful is a country that has placed itself under major curses and will be judged by God for them.

I have noticed in myself a change that I'm not happy about. It is the rage and fear that I feel about our future America. It is a lack of respect for my government leader's ability to perform their jobs as required by "We The People". You grew up with expectations of what government's roles are and how they are to protect the freedoms that men and women of our country have fought and died for. Reality is that they have their own agendas that they think is more important than "We The People" sacrificing our freedoms at every turn. Elected officials who refuse to listen to the voters whom they represent! Just like the old joke"How can you tell when a politician is lying? When you see his lips moving." Pushing through the "Hate Crimes bill" by attaching it to a "desperately needed" military funding bill so we can wave good-bye to more of our first amendment rights. Why is it so hard to find integrity in our nation's capitol?

In addition to the rage and fear that I share with most Americans I have also noticed something that bothers me even more as a Christian. I have allowed myself to become so concerned about the new changes that we are being forced to live with that I have pushed God aside in my daily living. I have allowed fear to interfere with my time and thoughts and at times gripped by anxiety as I wait in fear. Waiting for the hammer to fall with all of the new laws and regulations. Waiting to find out what impact it will all have on me, my wife, my friends and family. Waiting to find out how much our business, our health and our income will suffer. Waiting to find out if any elected official will actually do something right for a change. Waiting to find out if Washington will ever wake up and smell the coffee before it is too late. Waiting in fear will make you an ineffective Christian. It will rob you of your faith, trust, joy, peace, time, abilities and your positive powerful influence on your surroundings.

I have taken all of the necessary steps as my patriotic duty of being an American citizen by writing, calling and e-mailing my senators and congressmen and by signing petitions and forwarding information to my friends and family. I'm not saying that we should avoid or ignore the problems that we are facing but not to allow them to control us. We all must be determined, committed, dedicated and steadfast in our daily walk with God and in righteous indignation. It is time to speak up and speak out. It is time to stand and take a stand. But above all it is time to pray! It is time to turn to God! It is time to turn over and release all of the new "changes", cares and worries to God. It is time to live our lives in a more caring and Christ-like manner than ever before.

We cannot afford to live in fear and anger. We cannot afford to stop being Christians. We cannot afford to allow the problems of our country and the world to control our daily lives. It is very important now more than ever that all of us pray for one another, our soldiers, our country and our leaders. God gave us prayer to communicate with Him to bring our petitions and requests before Him. Give God the opportunity to be God in your daily life. Let God make the possible out of the impossible. Luke 1:37 For with God nothing shall be impossible. The answers to all of our problems here in the United States is not found in foreign countries, it is not found in our government or in our leaders and it is not found in government ran programs but it is found only in God! We have the hope, we have the future and we have the answer and His name is Jesus! It is time to stand!


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print