Time,
by Michael Hume

This piece is on the theme of time. I just thought I'd play with a few ideas.

"Teach us to number our days and give us a heart of wisdom." Psalm 90.12

Our time is so precious, and it is more noticed as you grow older. No matter what your age is you shoud try to spend your time well as God would have you do. When we pray and place our 24 hours, weeks, months, seasons and years in Gods hands we can use our time well in cooperation with Him.

"For a thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by." Psalm 90.4

Heaven time is a lot slower than earth time. I find that there are places to go where you can slow down the pace of life and get away from the rush of life. One is a canal towpath nearby. With tall leafy archways over a long canal and towpath, I find peace and sometimes a deeper peace depending on which part I'm walking on.

Another time is when I visited Algarve, Portugal. It is a much slower pace of life than the south of England where I live. There is something to be said about slowing down. It is more relaxing, you can think clearer, you absorb more peace and life from your experience, and become more Godly by these, in my view.

"You have made my days a mere handbreadth." Psalm 39.5

A handbreadth is only a few centimetres across and the universe spans billions of kilometres in either direction. By analogy our earth life is like the handbreadth and heaven like the vast distance spanning the universe. Heaven is really for a very long time, so by comparison our entire earth lives are short even if they are 80 years or so long. That is the psalmists perspective.

"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us our eternal glory that far outweighs them all." 2 Corinthians 4.17

No matter how hard and long trials are, Paul says they are light and momentary. He has put them in comparison with heaven. Not only are they fleeting and slight but the effect is to give us a weightier glory that makes the experience well worthwhile.

Michael Hume. The Holy Spirit teaches you everything.  Copyright belongs to author.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print