America Without God
by Robert Driskell

The news media pummels us daily with:
Unsettling stories of unemployment;
The looming threat of an unbalanced national budget;
Increasing instances of justice run amok in our courts;
Wars in all parts of the world;
Cases people treating people, including children, in gruesome ways.

What is going on? Why are these things happening?

The truth is that we have no one to blame but ourselves. It is our own fault. We are doing this to ourselves. We make the choices that produce the conditions that we see all around us.

Is this the kind of world in which we want to live? If it is, then we should just keep moving away from God, if we even believe He exists. If we continue trusting in our intelligence, and our selves, we will keep sliding down the path of increasing degradation until we stand in a world that does not even resemble the one we thought we were building.

Some people approve of the direction in which America is moving. They see nothing wrong with the 'grab all you can get' mindset. Their focus is on outward appearance more than inward integrity. "He who dies with the most toyswins" could be their motto. Any moral standard is flexible if it gets them what they want.

There are others, who do not approve of what is happening in our nation, know the cause, but continue to stand by in silent passivity, as decisions are made that directly affect them and those they love.

The solution to this problem is to live by the standards that the Creator of the universe gave us. He made us and He made us to live in a certain way. We were created to live in a loving relationship with Him. Any other way of life is a perversion of the ideal. Living any other way than God has prescribed will end up in heartache, misery, and failure.

The urgency with which this is written reflects this writer's sense of impending disaster if our hearts are not changed. If we are not motivated to give God our lives and our country, we will lose them both. The overall spirit of America is one of rebellion against Godand He will not tolerate it indefinitely:
Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. (Galatians 6:7-8 NASB)

Our future, the future of our country, and the future of our world, is directly tied to our relationship with God.

As Joshua reminded the people of Israel, we have no choice but to choose:
If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve: whether the gods which your fathers served which were beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." (Joshua 24:15 NASB)

Seeking to introduce people to Jesus Christ and to help them become "transformed by the renewing of their mind."

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print