Here, There and Everywhere
by PamFord Davis

Our circle of influence continues to expand; we live in a global society and touch many lives on a daily basis. I wonder how Adam and Eve as the first couple felt setting up house outside the boundaries of the garden. He came home after a long day of fighting weeds as he worked the soil and she poured out her heart's frustration in not having anyone to talk to all day. Soon she wielded the power of influence over sons and yearned for the days of quiet garden walks alone with God and Adam her mate.

Jesus' disciples stepped out of their comfort zone, widened their circle and carried the news of the kingdom of God. They went in obedience to Jesus commands. "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age (Matthew 28:19-20 NIV)."

It was and is a big task and far beyond our abilities, means and power. The daunting commission demands a supernatural strength and equipping. Where does the Lord send his servants? Here, there and everywhere... "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth (Acts 1:8 NIV)." The clear-cut description reveals we are to swing a wide loop; our circle of influence must be ever widening in efforts to draw all to Jesus and His redeeming blood.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print