BORN FOR A PURPOSE
by Gillian Henriques

You were born for a purpose. There was no mistake when you were formed. Another sperm could have joined itself to another egg, but it did not. All the days of your life have been already written. Psalm39vs16. You were intricately made, not one detail of you was a mistake. Everything about you was made exactly how God intended, because you were born for a purpose.

"For You did form my inward parts; You did knit me together in my mother's womb. I will confess and praise You for You are fearful and wonderful and for the awful wonder of my birth! Wonderful are Your works, and that my inner self knows right well. My frame was not hidden from You when I was being formed in secret [and] intricately and curiously wrought [as if embroidered with various colors] in the depths of the earth [a region of darkness and mystery]. Your eyes saw my unformed substance, and in Your book all the days [of my life] were written before ever they took shape, when as yet there was none of them." Psalm139:13-16(Amplified Version)

God designed you specially, so you could fulfill a specific purpose. God placed you in the family in which you were born for a specific reason. You encountered that unfortunate circumstance in your life for a reason. Every day of your life was written before you were formed, nothing happened to you by chance. You were born for a purpose.

Let us look at the life of Joseph (Gen. 37-48). In your spare time you will have to read this because it is very lengthy. I will look at it briefly now.

The wife that Jacob loved, Rachel, could not have a child. After Jacob had many sons with his first wife, and her heart was broken time and time again, God gave Rachel a son in Jacob's old age. Jacob understandably loved this son, Joseph, above all. This caused Joseph's brothers to hate him and sold him into child slavery. Joseph went through many hard times in Egypt but was eventually promoted and became the highest ruler in Egypt, save for the Pharaoh. He, through this elevated position, could bring his family and the people of God to Egypt and saved their lives when a sore famine came upon the earth. This was a brief synopsis and it missed out many things, but I wanted you to see how God intricately planned Joseph's life. If Joseph was not born to the beloved wife of Jacob after so many years of grief, he would not be so loved by his father. If his father never treated him special above his brothers he would not be hated of them. If they did not hate him, he would not be sold into slavery, if he was not sold into slavery then the purpose that God had for his life, to save his family and nation, would not be fulfilled. Every day of your life is planned. You were born for a purpose.

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." Jer1:5

God told Jeremiah that he was set apart and appointed a prophet to the nations before he was even formed in the womb. This is true of all of us, a bit scary, profound and comforting all in one, but true. God knew who He wanted you to be before he formed you, so while He was forming you, He was designing you specifically for that purpose. Before He designed your mother, he planned for her to give birth to you. You were not a mistake, where you were born was not a mistake, where you are now is not a mistake. You need to know this and ask God for what purpose you were born, why am I in this particular circumstance, why did you design me as you have, and placed me where I am. God what is my purpose?

One way in which your purpose can be identified is through your gifts. The bible speaks about talents given. God designed you with a love for something(s) and you do not have that love in your heart without a reason. So firstly you must ask what do I love doing? Then when you have found the answer ask God why did you give me this gift and what is it that you want me to do with it?
When you find your purpose it gives meaning to your life. You have a mission, so the obstacles become less difficult to deal with. There is something driving you to go on, there is something that makes you want more, that make you find it a joy to wake up in the morning. Something that makes you push to the limit, that something is purpose

YOUR PURPOSE IS NOT TO BENEFIT YOU ONLY

God made us each to help the other. You must fit in the cycle of life. Life forms were designed to give sustenance to each other. The trees breathe out oxygen and we take it in, we breathe carbon dioxide they take it in. Life forms cannot exist without each other. It is so designed by God. Neither can humans exist without each other. You were designed to build up and help someone else. Your purpose is to build you up but it is not for you alone. The bible says:

"A man's gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men." Prov18:16 (KJV).

So your gift(s) will make room for you. Your purpose is usually tied to your gift(s) or ability. However, when you have discovered your purpose you will find that others have to get involved, it must be with a view to help others or there will be no real joy. What is your gift and how can you use it to help someone else? This question is buried in your purpose and you must unearth it. Why do you live, why were you born, it cannot be to exist until you die. If you do not find your purpose, you exist. You have not begun to live. You were born for a purpose. You must find it and begin to live it.

Gillian M. Henriques

Copyright February 24, 2011

My name is Gillian Henriques and I write plays, poems and devotionals and is in the process of writing my first book.  I hope this article minister to you as much as it ministered to me when God gave it to me.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print