Taking Authority
by Steve Countryman

Genesis 1:26-27 26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground." 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. We are made in God's image and likeness! As it states in these verses we have the authority over all the earth! Prior to the creation of man, when Satan fell from heaven, he was imprisoned on earth and was given earth as his kingdom to rule over. Then God created man and gave man authority over all the earth including Satan. Since this represented another demotion for Satan he then planned a way to steal man's authority and to get man to rebel against God. That is when Satan deceived Eve and Adam into eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, Satan got them both to sin against God. Because of their disobedience Adam and Eve automatically became subjects of Satan's kingdom and by doing so gave up their God given heavenly rights. Rights that included the authority over all the earth including Satan and also the right to come before the throne of God.

That changed when Jesus, the last Adam, came to earth and by His sacrifice paid the debt that we could not pay for sins that were not His. Because Jesus paid such a heavy price; our relationship with God has been restored! God's authority in His Son Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit who is in each of us as God's ambassadors on earth. Through prayer we now have direct access and are able to come with boldness before the throne of God. Satan no longer is allowed in heaven.

Even though the earth is still Satan's kingdom and that is why we are born into sin, we as Christians are God's children who have authority over Satan and hell! All power and authority of heaven lives in us through Jesus Christ by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. We have the power of the Word, the amour of God, God's wisdom, the righteousness of Christ and God's love to be victorious in all of our battles! Ephesians 6:11-12 11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Our Jehovah jireh has provided all that we need including the victory. To be made in God's likeness means that we are not spiritual weaklings! For He has made all of us to be more than conquers! Not some of us but all of us!
"Servants beg, friends ask but sons command!"

Matthew 9:8 When the crowd saw this, they were filled with awe; and they praised God, who had given such authority to men. Matthew 10:1 He called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out evil spirits and to heal every disease and sickness. Mark 3:15 and to have authority to drive out demons. Luke 10:19 I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. Colossians 2:10 and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority. God has made available to us all power and authority of heaven through His Son Jesus Christ. When to take authority is a question that most Christians don't know the answer to.

Using His power and authority starts by knowing and declaring who you are in Jesus and who Jesus is in you! If you don't know then how can you understand and apply that power and authority you have to the supernatural? Getting to that point begins with your walk with the Father! Declaring His Word, promises and blessings daily, learning, growing, loving and maturing in the Lord! With God given wisdom and grace and walking in the Holy Spirit can you begin to discern when, where and how to take power and authority! The 'who' is understandable: "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." Our struggle is with spiritual forces of evil in the supernatural. It is our duty as His children to be able to take power and authority when necessary. Luke 10:19Behold! I have given you authority and power to trample upon serpents and scorpions, and [physical and mental strength and ability] over all the power that the enemy [possesses]; and nothing shall in any way harm you. You can't wait around for someone else to do it for you. You must be willing and able. So get ready and be prepared to take power and authority for God's kingdom as His representative here on earth, we are sons and daughter of the Most High God. Who dares to mess with a child of Jehovah Almighty?


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print