The Crescendo
by PamFord Davis

I tip my hat to those gifted men and women who compose musical scores for movies and television. Most of us pay little attention to what plays in the background and recognize only the theme songs. My husband is an avid fan of old western movies; the early classics had little or no music, because of the absence of that essential ingredient, they do not hold my interest.

Writers of music use varied pitch and increased or decreased volume in key segments in harmony with emotions and action. Directors heighten interest in chase scenes, shootouts and cliffhanger moments through music; we become involved in the plot and root for the hero until the rolling of credits.

God wrote the manuscript behind creation through the Word. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him; and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being (John 1:1-2 NAS)." John spoke of Jesus, his Lord and friend as the Word.

Did God compose a majestic melody to accompany His works? "Shout for joy, O heavens, for the Lord has done it! Shout joyfully, you lower parts of the earth; Break forth into a shout of joy, you mountains, O forest, and every tree in it; For the Lord has redeemed Jacob And in Israel He shows forth His glory (Isaiah 44:23 NAS)."

From the time He spoke the world into existence through times of redemption work in His chosen nation of Israel, transformation turning points in lives today until the earthly reign of His Son Jesus, creation shouts a song of praise. I can almost hear the crescendo blowing of the trumpet!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print