Forget Elbowroom
by PamFord Davis

Forget elbowroom; I need snuggle room. The only thing that may surpass the joy of holding a newborn close to your chest is seeing that infant grow to a tenacious toddler and cuddling up on your lap. One of my grandsons now towers over me as a teenager but still nestles his body close to mine on the sofa thrilling this Granny's heart.

Why do I distance myself from God? I slight myself, dishonor Him and prevent others the opportunity of seeing Jesus reflected in my life. The closer I get to Him the more He can shape my character in His image, the farther I stray the more I yearn for His warm embrace and transforming touch.

"Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, sinners, and purify your hearts, double-minded people! Be miserable and mourn and weep. Your laughter must change to mourning and your joy to sorrow. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will exalt you (James 4:8-10 HCS)." Sin separates; confession cleanses; pride puffs up; humility hones. Give me plenty of snuggle room; the Lord is near!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print