Sea to Shining Sea
by PamFord Davis

Moments in a nation's history serve as a time-line of "His story." God reminds us through times of national crisis that He is in control and is our provider and protector. Classic movie newsreels filmed during the dust-bowl reveal the heartache of drought and famine. Soil dried up and blew away; farmers sewed seed and reaped winds of devastation and disillusionment. Landowners were forced to bid farewell to family farms, gathered a few personal belongings and headed west in search of fertile valleys and food for empty stomachs.

Is your homeland suffering through famine for God's word? People around us hunger and thirst for a word of challenge, correction and comfort. Circumstances are overwhelming and the future looks bleak. "The time is surely coming, says the Lord God, when I will send a famine on the land; not a famine of bread, or a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord. They shall wander from sea to sea, and from north to east; they shall run to and fro, seeking the word of the Lord, but they shall not find it (Amos 8:11-12 NRS)."

"Lord, forgive me for taking your word for granted." I have easy access to Bibles and the preaching of His word through the Internet, media and in local churches. He gave Joseph insight and wisdom to prepare for a great famine in Egypt; the nation ate off the years of plenty. As I feast on God's portion, I need my heart stirred in compassion for those approaching famine.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print